Friday, May 16, 2014

HI there, for Case Study #191

It's been over a week since I've been to my "craft closet." It's been far too hot here in Los Angeles for anything! Living in Southern Calfornia, the weather is almost always perfect, and I'm just in denial about the fact that sometimes it's not....Thus, we have no air conditioner, and we never use the heat...So on weeks like this, when the temperature reaches nearly 100, well, my crafting suffers, among other things ;-).

But I've been just dying to make a simple card. Found inspiration with Case Study #191

What I saw was tone on tone lettering, with a pop of color. So here's what I came up with:


Tone on tone coloring, and a pop of color! Not terribly creative, as I recreated this from the dozens of similar cards that people have made before me. But it was still fun. 

Here's a close up of my die cut letters. These were made using the retired Stampin' Up! Billboard decorative strip sizzlit. I love die cut letters, and cannot wait to order the new set from the new catalog on June 2! 



Click here to order your own Stampin' Up! supplies any time!

Stampin' Up! Products Used on this card. (Click on the images below for more product details and to shop online.)






3 comments :

Michelle said...

Great card! I love how clean and neat it is! :-)

hKetG said...

Thanks Michelle!

Anja (scrappie) said...

This is so clever , really great card. Glad you joined us over at CASE study.